Re: NetBSD help needed

First I'd like to thank all those who responed to my plea for help.  I managed
 to get NetBsd 1.2 installed last night along with the X11R6.1 files.  I now
 have a few questions on setup/configuration of the system.

1.   When running Configure for the system I accepted the defaults for the
 hostname, domain name and etc.  What I'd like to know is what should these be,
 since I have a dynamic connection to the net through my ISP.  Also does the
 kernal have ppp builtin or do I have find it somewhere?

2.   When I run the X server the screen mode it chooses seems to be either a pal
 mode or the refresh frequency is low, because I see a good bit of flicker as if
 the sceen is laced.  How do I choose an amiga mode like DBLNTSC: High Res No
 Flicker?

3.    Is there a big benefit to my compiling my own kernal or should I wait
 until I'm more familiar with the NetBsd environment?  Are there any docs that
 desribe this process?

Again thanks for all the help.

Wendell