Subject: Re: New user problems!
To: None <FARRANDJ@mars.richuish.ac.uk>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 10/29/1996 18:29:26
   From: FARRAND James <FARRANDJ@mars.richuish.ac.uk>
   Date: Tue, 29 Oct 96 16:17:00 GMT

   I just installed NetBSD 1.1/Amiga from the Gateway II CD-ROM, and I'm having
   some problems...

   1. Is it possible to get NetBSD to verify my harddisk after a newfs and map
   map out bad blocks on the disk?

Thats _much_ to late.

normally, a SCSI disk does it itself when being lowlevel
formatted. For others, HDTOOLBOX (under AmigaOS) has an option.

   2. How to I get NetBSD into a PAL screenmode?

iteconfig -h anumbertoobigforNTSC should work.

   3. Is it possible to get colourfull directory listings?  (A la Linux.  :)

*Shiver* whoever would want this? But hey, you are free to implement
a) ls changes and b) ite kernel changes to do this, and propose to
include them.

   4. (Very aesthetic, I know...) Is it possible to get white text on a black
   background?

iteconfig can also be used to change the custom chip console's
colormap.  Reading iteconfig's man page and applying this to your
problem is left as an exercise to the reader :-)

Regards,
	Ignatios