Subject: Mounting CD-ROM's
To: None <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de, port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Nickolas Ray Ellson <grimm@teleport.com>
List: port-amiga
Date: 10/26/1996 22:06:00
Hi Ignatios,

>    And if you can, the same would go for ISO9660 CD-Rom drives. I have a 6x
>    Scsi cd-rom that is found by the kernal at boot as CD0, and if there is a
>    disk in the drive at boot it finds a lot more information. But trying to
>    mount the drive so i can read from it just yields "Device is Read-Only"
>    and nothing gets mounted.
>
>    mount_iso9660 /dev/cd0c /mnt/cdrom
>
> mount_cd9660, last i looked, and you need to give the -r option
> (read-only), as you never will manage to mount a cdrom read/write.
>
> Or mount -r -t cd9660 /dev/cd0a /mnt

mount -r -t cd9660 /dev/cd0a /mnt/cdrom

Ok, I got something new when I tried the above line. I already have /mnt/ados
mounted as a read only for the amiga partition.

After hitting return, my CD-ROM spins up and the Scsi access light stays on and
the system hangs. I tried several CD's and they all to the same thing.

I have an Amiga 3000T and I am using the internal SCSI port. The Kernal finds my
drive ok, and reads tha manufacturer's infor correctly, is there something I am
doing wrong? Or perhaps a way I can try to debug what might be glitching?

When it is hung, a CRTL-C will get me a shell prompt but with in 2 seconds the
keyboard rejects further input.

Thank You for help so far.
Nick.