Re: `Old' install (1.1) problem - fixed ?

Hi Matthias,

> No version of the "pppd" run without "/etc/ppp/options" and there are
> good reasons for that. But I wonder why "pppd" is on the mini root anyway.

well.. because the goal is not to remove it, but to write docs and
maybe some simplification for setup.

It should be possible to setup the serial port for ppp (or even slip)
and fetch the damned distributions over it overnight... most Amiga people
dont have Ethernet, most Universities dont have ARCnet...

If we leave pppd in, at least sufficiently knowledgable people will be
able to go this way, instead of nobody.

Regards,
        Ignatios Souvatzis