Subject: Re: L68K: Re: Linux/m68k & NetBSD compatible?
To: None <jds@kom.auc.dk>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 10/10/1996 19:27:17
   From: Jes Degn Soerensen <jds@kom.auc.dk>
   Date: 10 Oct 1996 15:31:23 +0200

   markos>       What I'm asking is if Linux/m68k and NetBSD/Amiga can
   markos> access the same filesystems (ext2fs?).

   Ignatios> Why don't you ask if Linux/m68k and NetBSD/m68k can access
   Ignatios> the same filesystem (Berkeley 4.4 ffs)?
   Ignatios> But to my knowledge, both options don't work at the moment.

   I have a few questions though, is BFFS-4.4 compatible with UFS or does
   NetBSD support Minix V2? In that case it might be possible to share
   partitions though I definately wont recommend trying to share any kind
   of system files.

Hm... actually, NetBSD supports using old Berkeley FFS
filesystems. So, if Linux can grok that, here is how to do it:

a) if you create it on the NetBSD side: use the -N parameter to
'newfs'.

b) never, ever do (on the NetBSD side) fsck -c 1 (or 2, or 3) on that
filesystem.

However, you still won't be able to share binaries. You'll be able to
share other files (e.g., newsspool), though.

Regards,
	Ignatios Souvatzis