Subject: Linux/m68k & NetBSD compatible?
From: Konstantinos Margaritis <markos@acropolis.net>
List: port-amiga
Date: 10/10/1996 13:20:18
   Hi, =

   I am sending this mail to both NetBSD/Amiga & Linux/m68k mailing list.=

   I would like to install both Linux/m68k 2.0.22 and NetBSD/Amiga 1.2.
   As I don't want to fill my hard disk holding the same data twice, is i=
t possible to have two separate /root partitions and the same /usr, /var =
& /swap partitions for those systems?
   What I'm asking is if Linux/m68k and NetBSD/Amiga can access the same =
filesystems (ext2fs?).
   If so, maybe it is not even necessary to keep two separate /root parti=
tions, but instead boot from a different kernel each time.
   Someone tell me if I am wasting my time with this. I need a stable and=
 fast UNIX, that supports my CS mkII 68060 card and PiccoloSD64 (using bo=
th standard console and X11R6).
   I've got most of the Linux stuff from Internet, and will be getting Ne=
tBSD if needed...
   Thanx...

-- =

| Konstantinos Margaritis                    |
| Under-Graduate Student at                  |
| Physics Department of University of Athens |
| WWW Author Assistant at Acropolis Net      |
| at http://www.acropolis.net                |
|    Contact me at:                          |
|    markos@acropolis.net                    |