Re: Installing to A3000 w/ CD-ROM

In some mail I received from Ignatios Souvatzis, sie wrote

> This was an 1.0 kernel?
>
> Ok. "Somehow" get a 1.1 kernel (or later). the sbic.c (A3000, A2091,
> GVP SCSI) driver was partially rewritten between 1.0 and 1.1

Tried that late last night, not any better (maybe the 512byte block
vs 2048 mentioned elsewhere).

I've gone so far as to install the miniroot but not yet copied all the
filesets to the amiga.

I tried to setup ppp except that pppd said "can't access /etc/ppp/options"
(of course and / is read-only).  tried "chroot /mnt pppd" after copying
pppd but still no luck - different error.  pppd -f didn't work either.

Are these problems fixed in 1.2 installation ?  Or is there time and
room for them to be fixed if not already ?