Subject: Advice needed for NetBSD 1.2
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Nickolas Ray Ellson <grimm@teleport.com>
List: port-amiga
Date: 10/08/1996 19:45:55
I am not sure where to start, it has been a while since I have used NetBSD for
the Amiga (1.0) And my system has changed greatly.

Can someone give me some quick startup steps with out wasting too much of their
time?

I would like to accomplish the following:

Install NetBSD as an operating system on a 345 Meg hard drive, to take advantage
of what my system has.

A3000 tower
CyberStorm 060 MK II processor with 32 megs on board
Cybervision 64 4Meg graphics card
Scsi CD-Rom drive (maybe getting netbsd on CD is a better idea?)

I would like to learn and use X11 (x-windows) for various tasks.

I would like the WHOLE system to have access to the internet via PPPD (which I
have installed and got to work before dialing with kermit) And I have had Arena
working a little under X11R5 I think it was) So I am not that new to what is
needed.

What I need is advice on how to configure a kernel, I have never done that
before. So that my CyberStorm and Cyber Graphics are utilized to their fullest
extent.

That's it :)

Do I sound hopeless??? ;)

Nick

(ps: I have downloaded the amiga netbsd-1.2 binaries, etc, man, text, comp,
games, and misc from the new release site. Along with the Install, but I wanted
to check with an expert first before plowing through and have to re-install.)