Subject: DLink driver (parallel port)
To: 'port-amiga' <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg Fenton <gregf@netcom.ca>
List: port-amiga
Date: 10/07/1996 11:17:20
Hi,

I've been asked if it is possible to get a DLink driver for NetBSD going.
I have been loaned a couple of cards and want to put some time into this.

I have found code for the drivers in Linux.  I understand that the driver
works well.  Now what I want to do is to "port" it.

I have no experience with drivers at all.  I would like a source of info
that might help me out, preferably something online.

My two big questions are:
1) Where is there source for existing drivers in the NetBSD source?  I would
   like to look at source for (a) network drivers and (b) parallel port devices.

2) What modifications would I need to make to my kernel config in order to have
   the kernel recognize the driver that I create/port/steal/beg-for-help-with ??

Thanks in advance,
gregf.