Subject: ppp connect
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Stephan Quitzsch <wir95ccv@rzaix340.rz.uni-leipzig.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 10/07/1996 15:19:37
Thank you for giving me so much help with my networking problem. Finally,
the following worked best:

ifconfig ppp0 inet 0.0.0.0 -arp -trailers 0.0.0.0
[connecting via kermit]
pppd /dev/tty00 9600 defaultroute
ifconfig ppp0 up
ping some.host

But one little question appeared: how can I connect to the terminalserver
without using kermit. Two things I dont like - having to connect with
9600 baud instead of 14400 (kermit doesn't know 14400) and typing the
same commands every time.
Yes, I tried the chat-program but found no option to set the speed and
I can't see what chat does because all it's output is sent to /dev/tty00
(chat normally outputs to screen -  therefore I typed
'chat -f chatscript >/dev/tty00 </dev/tty00'). This really dialed my
terminalserver but after this nothing happened. Any idea?

Thanx in advance,
	Stephan Quitzsch