Subject: Re: Problem installing tcsh 6.06
To: Gerard Cornu <gcornu@lyonnet.dtr.fr>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@tiger.teuto.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 10/05/1996 09:34:52
Gerard Cornu wrote:
> I have changed the shell in /etc/passwd and master.passwd to

 Don't even think about to edit these files by hand.  Use the command
"vipw" (and if you don't like the vi, which I doubt, set the env-variable
EDITOR to your choice) (see "man vipw", "man passwd", "man chsh")

 There is another legal way to change the settings: chsh

 Actually installing a shell also requires an entry in /etc/shells (see
"man shells").

> /usr/local/bin/tcsh, I have also added /usr/local/bin to the path in my
> ~/.profile and ~/.cshrc files. I know there is something else to do but
> I can't remember what. (I was using tcsh 6.05 on NetBSD 1.1!).

 It wouldn't help to have the path set to /usr/local/bin if the shell
doesnt start...

--
Markus Illenseer