Subject: Re: picasso II
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
From: Phil Kernick <philk@dhn.csiro.au>
List: port-amiga
Date: 10/01/1996 22:39:39
Hi Ignatios,

> The 1 MB Picassos lie about their memory sizes and claim its 2 MB.

Actually they don't - well not really anyway.  The cl_fbsize is the amount
of autoconf space that they have, which is always 2M for the Picasso.  The
fact that they only have 1M of memory isn't significant.  Specifically, you
can't put a 1M Picasso in a system that has 7M autoconf space already used.

> a) somehow, get your system to work:

You don't need to do anything special for a console.  The 1.1 kernel works
fine even if it *says* that the board has 2M.

> in file /sys/arch/amiga/dev/grf_cl.c
> after that insert:
> 		cl_fbsize >>= 1;
> 		printf(", using %dMB", cl_fbsize / 0x100000);

I made it a kernel define in the config file.  For what it's worth, it
doesn't make any noticable difference.  The broken sprite in Xcl is still
there.  The only way to fix the sprite problem is to disable the hardware
cursor.

Phil.

--
   _-_|\   Phil Kernick                      E-Mail: philk@dhn.csiro.au
  /     \  IT Manager                        Phone:  (08) 8303 8812