Subject: Where's SUP? and Problem with disk locking?!
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chun Tham <ctham@acs.ucalgary.ca>
List: port-amiga
Date: 09/14/1996 00:57:05
Hi all...  I recently upgraded the memory in my GVP-040/33MHz
to a full 16M and turned on the burst cache.  It seems like ever since I
did this, NetBSD would lock up with the HD light continuously on without
the HD's doing anything...  The hard drives are connected to my GVP
accelerator and it only seems to do this when I'm using X Window and only
when there's a lot of disk usage in X (like starting a big program like
Mosaic or compiling).  When I'm not in X I never have a problem!

Has anyone else noticed such a problem on their system?  Will the -current
kernel fix this problem (I'm running NetBSD1.1 right now).

Oh yes, second question:  Where can I FTP the source to the SUP program
(or binaries for the Amiga) since I want to get the newest kernel and
start doing some driver programming...

Regards,
Joe Tham

Dept. of Psychiatry