Subject: Re: Further info on the Picasso II blues
To: Bernd Ernesti <netbsd@arresum.inka.de>
From: Phil Kernick <philk@dhn.csiro.au>
List: port-amiga
Date: 09/05/1996 17:59:36
Hi Bernd,

> A workaround would be to disable the Hardwarecursor in the kernel.
> Edit grf_cl.c and look for the cl_ioctl function.

After disabling the hardware cursor, I finally get a cursor using Xcl!

As to the question of why the HW cursor works for AmigaOS, but not NetBSD
with a 1M Picasso, I am happy to test any configurations.

I'd do a little poking around myself, but I'm limited in that I can't write
to /dev/mem, and as such I can't look at the VGA registers.

Thanks,
Phil.

--
   _-_|\   Phil Kernick                      E-Mail: philk@dhn.csiro.au
  /     \  IT Manager                        Phone:  (08) 8303 8812