Subject: Re: 28.8K modem, pppd and Multiface III card
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
List: port-amiga
Date: 08/29/1996 20:29:44
On Aug 29,  7:39pm, Jose Alburquerque wrote:
> Can you please tell me how to set this option?  I originally posted the
> question and would like to try fix the `mfcs0: fifo overflow' messages I
> keep getting, no matter what baud rate I try.
> >    Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 23:07:53 +0200
> >    From: Guenther Grau <s_grau@ira.uka.de>
> >
> >    Have you got option DEFER_LEVEL6 (sp?) enabled?
> >
> > LEV6_DEFER

  You do not want this option when using the Multiface III card.  The
serial ports on the Multiface cards use the level 6 interrupt and if you
defer the interrupt, you will almost certainly lose lots of characters.
I think I even saw lots of errors when running at 1200 bps.

  One thing that could cause fifo overflows at any baud rate would be a
bad or miswired cable, or a misconfigured modem.  The modem must have
hardware flow control (CTS & RTS) enabled, and the cable must have RTS
and CTS wired correctly.

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:  osymh@montana.edu