Subject: Re: Serial console, 3wire protocol
To: None <hendrik.devloed@barco.com>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 08/29/1996 17:53:26
   Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 17:47:49 +0100
   From: Hendrik De Vloed <hendrik.devloed@barco.com>
   Sender: owner-port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG

   Hello, everyone,

   I have attached an old VT100-like machine over the serial port for debugging
   purposes (Amiga debug.lib).

   I'd like to use this terminal in NetBSD as well. I've modified /etc/ttys,
   added a gettytab, and am able to see the login prompt, log in, etc...

   But I have connected the terminal over a 3-wire link, and every time more
   than about 2 lines get sent to it, it displays an "buffer overflow" message.

   I've looked in the manpage for gettytab, but it says the
   (return/newline/...) delay settings are obsolete. How do I slow down the
   output? I'd like to leave the baud rate to 9600/8/N/1, because that's the
   Amiga KPrintF setting. I just want to lower how many bytes in a row get sent.

   I tried to enable Xon/Xoff on the terminal, but that doesn't make a difference.

   Anyone knows the right gettytab parameter to solve this?

No.

Just do a "stty ixon" for this in your .login or manually.

Regards,
	Ignatios Souvatzis