Re: NetBSD 1.1 & Fastlane - it works (sort of)

In article <57354%sandra.owl.de@localhost>, tron%sandra.owl.de@localhost
(Matthias Scheler) wrote:

>influence on that problem. It just matters what kind of SCSI devices you
>have.

Ok, I have "difficult" SCSI devices then. :-)

>What did "newfs" say?

I don't remember exactly. When I configured the disk with just one head it
said that there was a difference between blocks per track and "heads * cyls
 * ... something".
When I configured the disk with several heads (but a very different number of
cylinders than the disk actually has) it complained about that layout too, and
refused to make a fs on any partition on it.

Important! All the different layouts that I tried are correct, in that they
add up to the actual (or less) number of blocks that the disk has.
And naturally, AmigaDOS didn't have any problems with thos layouts.

--
 Torfinn - Thor 2.22 No:#1015 (msg. written 19-Aug-96 19:36:19)
Email (work): torfinn%anon.hfk.mil.no@localhost