Re: NetBSD 1.1 & Fastlane - it works (sort of)

    Hi Torfinn,

you wrote in <2740.6804T866T1369%icenet.no@localhost>:
> ... do *not* mount or otherwise access other HD's, CD-ROM's,

Not true. On my friends A4000 we were able to use both harddisks (Quantum
LPS 105S and 525S). And his and mine CD-ROM (both Toshibas) always worked
fine.

> 3) NetBSD seems to *insist* on reading the number of cylinders directly
>    from the (scsi) drive istelf, instead of from the RDB.

Not true. It just checks a field in the RDB which may be set incorrectly
(HDToolBox: sometimes, SCSIConfig2: always). Just ignore those messages.

>    info isn't easily available, so here goes:
>    1> binpatch -s _sfas_inhibit_disc=-1 netbsd
>    1> binpatch -s _sfas_inhibit_disc[1]=-1 netbsd
>    where 'netbsd' is the name of your kernel (actually, this disconnects
>    reselect on all targets, but as long as you can't use them...).

This can be archived much easier by using "loadbsd -i FF".

--
Matthias Scheler
tron%sandra.owl.de@localhost