building my own X server

Hello folks,

I would like to build my own version of the Xcl server with 68040 optimization
turned on.  I have the entire X11R6 source tree, along with the
Xcl-8bit-src.tar.gz, however I'm not sure how to integrate this source
into the X11R6 tree such that it would compile my server.  I have tried this
once already, but after several hours of compiling, I only got the
various X11 libraries.  Could someone please email me  and tell me how
to get this thing built?  Thanks...

Bo Najdrovsky    |  // | "...and that, my liege, is how | _  /| .si nature
bn%okcforum.org@localhost  |\X/  | we know the earth to be banana | #_/ g
under
bn%gnu.ai.mit.edu@localhost|A3000| shaped."  - Sir Bedevere       | O-o
construction