Serial console?

I have a serial terminal attached to the internal serial at 9600bps (...even
though I have two MFC3s :).  I'd like to have the kernel still force the
serial console even though I have an ite3, and turning off CIRRUS_CONSOLE in
the kernel config causes the system to hang at boot when looking for
grf's/ite's. Anyone have an idea how hard it would be to force a serial
console, even with an ite present?  I browsed the grf_cl.c and ite sources
briefly but haven't yet looked over the code that preinitializes the
console.

=====
== Todd Vierling (Personal tv%pobox.com@localhost; Business
tv%iag.net@localhost) Amiga lives! ==
== System administrator/technician, Internet Access Group, Orlando Florida ==
== Dialups in Orange, Volusia, Lake, Osceola counties - http://www.iag.net ==