Re: Tseng Driver

On Tue Aug  6 17:54:26 1996, Stephan Quitzsch wrote:

> I got the NetBSD-1.2-beta-generic kernel from ftp.uni-regensburg.de.
> The Tseng implementation is working with my Merlin Board. The Problem is
> that Xamiga24 finds no screen. surprisingly Xcv finds a screen and opens
> it, but displays (of course) only trash. grf6 is configured.
                    ^^^^^^^^^
Why of course ?

> what is my fault?

The old Xamiga24 does not known about devices >grf5. Xcv is newer and knows
about this devices. The next X11 release has also not problem with grf6.

Try the old Xamiga24 with a link from /dev/grf5 to /dev/grf6 and try it with
grf5.

> oh, and could anyone mail me a grfmodes-file please?

Does that mean you don't have a working modefile ? That could be your real
problem.

It doesn't help if we send you a modefile which is for a different monitor.

Bernd