Re: NetBSD on 68060

On Wed, 24 Jul 1996, Matthias Scheler wrote:

: > With "GoBSD 1.02" it gets until the well known "10 views" message and
: > nothing more happens.
:
: Meanwhile he was able to boot but only with the 1.1 upgrade filesystem.
: Why does it work with such old binaries but not with quite new
: 960612 1.2_ALPHA binaries? Has anybody an idea?

This happens on my A3000 with NetBSD 1.1 (release version) and a GENERIC
kernel (albeit with ccd's and MSDOSFS added).  It's quite sporadic, too, and
aseems to just be an outright halt; if I boot after leaving the machine off
for a good few hours, it boots fine, but if I were to reboot it right now
(16 days uptime), it would halt at that point.  *Odd*.

=====
== Todd Vierling (Personal tv%pobox.com@localhost; Business
tv%iag.net@localhost) Amiga lives! ==
== System administrator/technician, Internet Access Group, Orlando Florida ==
== Dialups in Orange, Volusia, Lake, Osceola counties - http://www.iag.net ==