Problems with filesystems

Hello out there!

I am having trouble with the cd9660 and the ados file systems
for NetBSD 1.1 Amiga. I am not sure but it seems that I found
bugs there.

First the problem with the cd9660 file system:
The CD file system seems to read a wrong directory of my Photo CD.
Maybe it is not capable of handling multi session CDs?
OK, this is the detailed problem description:
I have a K*d*k PhotoCD with 100 nice pictures. This CD works fine under AmigaDOS
using the AmiCDROM handler. Under NetBSD 1.1 I can access the CD by mounting
it using the cd9660 file system. The image directory has all 100 entries,
but the photos are mixed up. I assume the order of the pictures is exactly the
one that K*d*k used during the first scanning process. However, there must be
a second directory somewhere on the CD, which contains the correct order
of my photos (that one, that AmiCDROM reads).

Second the problem with the ados file system:
It seems that it cannot handle large directories correctly!
In my case I have a directory with 100 pictures on the AmigaDOS side
and want to copy the files to a NetBSD partition. If I access the
directory with "ls" all 100 file names are present, but the _sizes_
and _contents_ of these files are mixed up. That means, if I view
the pictures, some are displayed multiple times and therefore some
are missing also.
I found a work around for this problem by using 5 directories with
20 entries each, but in general it should be possible to handle
all files within one directory, right?

Has anybody discovered these problems too? Or does this happen to
me only?

Almost forgot, my setup is an Amiga 3000/25 (16+2MB) with two
hard drives and a Toshiba 3501 CD-ROM.

Any ideas appreciated,

Rainer.

PS: I already posted these problems to comp.unix.amiga but got no
    helpfull answers. I hope this place is more successful.

Rainer Doemer               email: rainer%pal-ts1-077.slip.uci.edu@localhost
Information and Computer Science            or: doemer%ics.uci.edu@localhost
University of California, Irvine   http://www.ics.uci.edu/~doemer/