GVP Combo board, serial port, etc...

Hi!

I'm running NetBSD 1.1 on an A3000 & an A2000 equipped with a GVP Combo board
('030, 22MHz).

On the A3000 everything works very nicely, but not on the A2000.

The two computers are connected together with a SLIP connection. Now, the
problem is that on the A2000 I keep getting a lot of silo overflows.

Yes, I recompiled the kernel with the level_6_defer option, but it doesn't
help. I think that in some way the DMA access of the SCSI controller on the GVP
board should be disabled, or limited to smaller blocks. I have the same serial
problems even under AmyOS, I had to use a patch to split the size of DMA
transfers.

Can anyone tell me what options should I add to my config file? Or even better,
it would be nice if somebody can e-mail me a config file that generates a
nicely working kernel for GVP boards.

Ok, thank you very much & bye!

M. Lucini <loce%tilink.ch@localhost>