Subject: Network card
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Martin Blom <lcs@lysator.liu.se>
List: port-amiga
Date: 05/29/1996 10:29:04
I currently own a Golden Gate II with a ISA ethernet card, which I use
with AmigaOS. I also have NetBSD 1.1 installed, but since GG isn't
supported it's quite useless.

However, I'm considering buying a new network card (not only because
of NetBSD, I need an extra Zorro slot too).

Anyway, I can probably get one of those Commodore cards, A2065 or
whatever the name is quite cheap . Does this card work well in an
A4000/040?
Is it any good otherwise? My current ISA card only transfers about
200-250 KB/s, even though the network is 10 Mb.

I can also get a Ariadne, but that'll be more expensive.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

--
---- Martin 'Leviticus' Blom  ----------- lcs@lysator.liu.se ----