Subject: Window Manager Problem
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ola Olsson <oeolsson@tmisnet.com>
List: port-amiga
Date: 05/25/1996 20:30:38
While attempting to compile and install ImageMagick and related libraries my
Xserver (Xamiga24) froze. It's never come up since. The server starts but dies
when the window manager (fvwm) starts to kick in. I've completely reinstalled
all the X11 binaries and related files including fonts. It still behaves the
same way. I have a smaller hard-drive also set up with NetBSD that runs fine.
I tar'd it to tape ("tar cvM /") and then restored this backup to my
troublesome drive ("tar --unlink -xvM"). It still doesn't work. First of all,
am I doing my "tar" backup correctly? I'm trying to install a duplicate of the
good system onto the broken one. I should add that "tvm" works but not ctwm or
fvwm; not on this system. Any suggestions?

My system is an A4000 with Spectrum running XAmiga24 at 800x600.

Ola