Subject: NetBSD console locks up during install
To: Amiga NetBSD <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matt Harrell <mharrell@sojourn1.sojourn.com>
List: port-amiga
Date: 05/05/1996 19:54:38
	I am in the process of installing NetBSD on my A1200 (for
hardware, see below--2MB of the RAM is PCMCIA which is unplugged when I
load NetBSD).  I am at the point in the installatino instructinos
immediately after installing the mini-root filesystem with xstreamtodev,
and I issue the "loadbsd -bA netbsd" command.  NetBSD begins to come up
fine, but after recognizing my SyQuest and Quantum SCSI devices, it locks
up and does no more.  It seems to have identified everything by this time.
	If necessary, I can show all of the output from the startup until
it dies.  I have double-checked that all of my BSD partitions are set up
properly in HDToolBox.  On my Quantum SCSI disk, I have five partitions.
One is an AmigaOS/FFS filesystem, and the others are all BSD partitions,
with the appropriate DOStype numbers (one for swap, root, and the others
are "other", as described in the install guide).  Does anyone have any
ideas what my problem might be?  Thanks.

 Matt Harrell			Amiga 1200 running AmigaOS3.0
 Lansing, MI U.S.A.		CSA 12 Gauge 030/882RC@50MHz/SCSI
 mharrell@sojourn.com		2MB chip/18MB fast RAM
				1.28GB SCSI disk, SyquestEZ135S