Subject: Re: transfering between NetBSD and AmigaOS
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: port-amiga
Date: 05/02/1996 01:03:07
In article <199605012229.SAA00145@rhiannon>,
Donald J. Maddox <dmaddox@scsn.net> wrote:

> > Matt Harrell wrote:
> > > Can I make an MS-DOS partition that I can read
> > > and write on both systems?  Thanks.
> >
> >  This might be the best idea, even though untested and has disadvantages:
> > 8.3 file scheme among others.
>
> Doesn't MSDOSFS support Windows95-style long filenames now?  I don't use
> it, but I seem to recall reading about this on one of the NetBSD lists...

Yes it does, but CrossDOS doesn't, which makes the point moot.
I think you'd also need to get the partition formatted as W95 with long
filenames, which would be a problem (NetBSD can't do it (no
newfs_msdos), CrossDOS can't do it (again no long filename support), and
W95 can't (woulnd't see the partition on a RDB partitioned disk).