Subject: Booting from alternate boot partitions
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bruce Albrecht <bruce@zuhause.mn.org>
List: port-amiga
Date: 04/19/1996 22:12:32
I have a boot partition for NetBSD-1.1 on my A3000 on SCSI device 3.
I'd like to have a boot partition for NetBSD-current on SCSI device 5,
but whenever I try to boot from the NetBSD-current boot partition, it
still starts up with / as being the partition from SCSI device 3.  Is
there an option for either loadbsd or gobsd which will allow me to
select my alternate boot partition?

Also, gobsd always gives me the error:
	FATAL: Couldn't load kernel from root disk.
whenever I try to specify volume, unit or driver.  Does the volume
need to be formatted as OFS?  I also tried to recompile gobsd from the
sources, but they're lacking a header file that defines quad_t,
daddr_t, and something else (ino_t, I think).

Thanks.

Bruce