Subject: Re: Any know problems with old CCs in A3000?
To: Tim Preston <tim@graywolfe.redcat.org.uk>
From: Tim Preston <tim@graywolfe.redcat.org.uk>
List: port-amiga
Date: 04/19/1996 16:33:54

> > On Apr 18,  8:17pm, Tim Preston wrote:
> > > Now this sounds useful I have to disable reselect under Intuition to get
> > > syncronous to work, ansync has no problems. Strangely using the
> > > loadbsd -I ff switch makes no difference to this. I'll try patching this,
> > > but the question here is what should the value be, this is what it is now:
> > >
> > > root@amy:~/root2/src/binpatch# ./binpatch.bsdexe -l -s _sbic_enable_reselect /netbsd
> > > _sbic_enable_reselect(0x76c9c): 268214 (0x417b6)
> > >
> > > Pity it ain't boolean =(
> >
> >   It is boolean, and the value should be 1 to enable reselection and would be
> > patched to 0 to disable it.  Where did your NetBSD version of binpatch come
> > from?  It looks like it isn't getting the correct location in the file.  Are
> > you using the distributed installation kernel?  The address you show is
> > different than what I see in the install kernel.  [Also, the install kernel
> > shows that the value is 0.  Hmmm - I just checked my current kernel using
> > the binpatch.bsdexe file from regensburg and it doesn't look right.  I'll
> > enclose my current NetBSD version of binpatch.]
> >
> > Michael
>
> I got it from the ftp.netbsd.org:/pub/NetBSD-Amiga/ tree.
>
> I later tried the reality check and it was, interesting... The version you
> gave me works fine I've now patched my latest kernel which was due to come
> in later today as I started running out of ptys anyway. I'll see how that
> goes.

Hmmm...

Tried all that. It didn't go too well, the problem is still there. Looks
like I going to have to keep swapping hardware out until I fix this =(

--
Tim Preston                                    tim@graywolfe.redcat.org.uk

              Night I left the city, I dreamt of a wolf...

http://www.graywolfe.redcat.org.uk/                 Home of the Wolfe Pack