Subject: Re: Any know problems with old CCs in A3000?
To: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
From: Tim Preston <tim@graywolfe.redcat.org.uk>
List: port-amiga
Date: 04/18/1996 20:17:44

> > Cheers, looks like I'll be doing that, as well as swapping out a suspect
> > Quantumn drive and playing with termination. the annoying thing is that it
> > all works fine under Intuition or NetBSD 1.0 =(
>
>   The NetBSD 1.1 SCSI drivers included support for disconnect/reselect.  If
> I remember correctly, synchronous transfers were enabled by default in 1.1,
> which was a change from 1.0.  Either one of these changes could possibly
> be causing problems.
>
>   The synchronous transfers can be disabled by specifying "-I ff" on the
> loadbsd command.  Disabling disconnection support has to be done by changing
> the driver, either by modifying the source or using binpatch to change the
> controlling variable (_sbic_enable_reselect).
>
> Michael

Now this sounds useful I have to disable reselect under Intuition to get
syncronous to work, ansync has no problems. Strangely using the
loadbsd -I ff switch makes no difference to this. I'll try patching this,
but the question here is what should the value be, this is what it is now:

root@amy:~/root2/src/binpatch# ./binpatch.bsdexe -l -s _sbic_enable_reselect /netbsd
_sbic_enable_reselect(0x76c9c): 268214 (0x417b6)

Pity it ain't boolean =(

--
Tim Preston                                    tim@graywolfe.redcat.org.uk

              Night I left the city, I dreamt of a wolf...

http://www.graywolfe.redcat.org.uk/                 Home of the Wolfe Pack