Subject: Re: Any know problems with old CCs in A3000?
To: Tim Preston <tim@graywolfe.redcat.org.uk>
From: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
List: port-amiga
Date: 04/18/1996 11:12:49
On Apr 18, 11:53am, Tim Preston wrote:
> > > Like the subject says, any know problems with the older DMAC, RAMSEY, etc
> > > in the A3000? I already have a Rev-11 Buster.
> > >
> > > This just that I have random HD lockups under NetBSD 1.1 Amiga stuff and
> > > NetBSd 1.0 worked quite fine. There is no common factor in these lockups,
> > > nor are they load realated.
> Cheers, looks like I'll be doing that, as well as swapping out a suspect
> Quantumn drive and playing with termination. the annoying thing is that it
> all works fine under Intuition or NetBSD 1.0 =(

  The NetBSD 1.1 SCSI drivers included support for disconnect/reselect.  If
I remember correctly, synchronous transfers were enabled by default in 1.1,
which was a change from 1.0.  Either one of these changes could possibly
be causing problems.

  The synchronous transfers can be disabled by specifying "-I ff" on the
loadbsd command.  Disabling disconnection support has to be done by changing
the driver, either by modifying the source or using binpatch to change the
controlling variable (_sbic_enable_reselect).

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:  osymh@montana.edu
Computer Consultant