Subject: Re: Any know problems with old CCs in A3000?
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: fr30 (George Harvey) <fr30%dial.pipex.com@am061.du.pipex.com>
List: port-amiga
Date: 04/16/1996 23:40:57
Hi Tim,

> Like the subject says, any know problems with the older DMAC, RAMSEY, etc
> in the A3000? I already have a Rev-11 Buster.
>
> This just that I have random HD lockups under NetBSD 1.1 Amiga stuff and
> NetBSd 1.0 worked quite fine. There is no common factor in these lockups,
> nor are they load realated.
>
> --
> Tim Preston                                    tim@graywolfe.redcat.org.uk

I have a 3000T with:
  -04 Ramsey
  -02 DMAC
  -07 Buster
  -04 SCSI (WD33C93A)

I have been running NetBSD 1.1 for a couple of months and have not had any disk
problems (2 x Seagate, 1 x Rodime). I do get SCSI bus lockups with my Tandberg
TDC3600 tape drive but from what I have heard, that is almost certainly a
problem with the Tandberg rather than the Amiga (it doesn't work reliably under
AmigaDOS either).

If you are going to change anything, try upgrading the SCSI chip to a revision
08 if it is currently an 04. I haven't tried this, but I have seen reports that
it resolves problems with some drive combinations.

    George Harvey                   | Amiga A3000T, Picasso-II,
    email: fr30@dial.pipex.com      | MFC-III, AmiTCP, NetBSD