Subject: faster Xcl?
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bo Najdrovsky <bn@okcforum.osrhe.edu>
List: port-amiga
Date: 04/12/1996 16:31:44
Anyone know who the maintainer of the Xcl server is?  I would like to get
some information on recompiling my own version of it optimized for the '040.
As it sits, I think the server seems like it's a lot slower thant it could be,
and I noticed on some of the stuff I've compiled in the past, turning on
'040 optimizations make a world of difference.

I got the Xcl 8bit source package off uni-regensburg, but it has no docs
at all,  and the code itself looks  like a few hacks to some other server.
I also have the complete X11R6 source tree(along with all the patches)
and from looking around in there it seems like the the Xcl stuff should be
put within that tree.  Anyway, if someone here has experience with this,
could you please emiail me some suggestions?  Thanks.

Bo Najdrovsky       // AmigaOS 3.1/Mac Sys7.1/BSD 4.4 - Courtesy of my A3000
bn@gnu.ai.mit.edu \X/  => join the EGS list: listproc@okcforum.osrhe.edu <=
bn@okcforum.osrhe.edu  "Who are you, who's so wise in the ways of science?"