Subject: Newbie to Compile Kernel, film at 11.
To: None <teske@mail.desy.de, port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Nickolas Ray Ellson <grimm@teleport.com>
List: port-amiga
Date: 04/07/1996 20:43:11
Hi Michael,

> > Thanks for the information David. Does anyone on this list use the =
CyberVision
> > 64 Kernel and a 28.8 modem at a baud rate of 57600?=20
>=20
> Im using 38400...

And how does it work for you? No errors? Do you use X11?

> > Or know of a way to get the
> > source to the cybervision 64 console kernel so I can try recompilin=
g it=20
> > to allow me to run at a baud rate that can keep up with my modem?
>=20
> Yep. It's on ftp.uni-regensburg.de in /pub/NetBSD-Amiga/incoming (If=20
> Hubert hasn't removed it:-). These are the diffs from 1.1.
> Don't forget to read the readme:-)

Ok, I got the CV64-Consle diffs and am right now downloading the main s=
rc11
files. This is going to be scarey :) Any hints other than the read.me's=
? Like
how do I install the SRC11???? I used the Extract program from the inst=
aller to
get the rest put on, will it do the src11?

Oh, one other thing. What types of things can compiling a new kernel tu=
ne?
What specifics about my system and set-up are good to look into first s=
o I get a
really complete and trim system? (yes I will be reading the FAQ as soon=
=20as this
download finishes) I would just like input from the experienced experts=
=20:)

Thanks agian for all your help :)

Nick