Subject: Re: Which NetScape?
To: Matt Harrell <mharrell@sojourn1.sojourn.com>
From: Joern Clausen <joern@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
List: port-amiga
Date: 04/04/1996 17:27:26
> On Wed, 3 Apr 1996, David Gilbert wrote:
> You're kidding.  You mean to tell me (us) that there is NO graphical web
> browser that I will be able to run on NetBSD on my Amiga?  There isn't
> one that can be compiled?  That will put a serious damper on my
> intentions to install NetBSD on my system.

Who says this? You can compile Mosaic, if you have Motif (or get a
compiled version from ftp.uni-regensburg.de), or you can compile Chimera,
which uses no third-party software, only the Athena widgets that come
with your standard X11R6 distribution.

There are several other browsers, based mainly on Tcl/Tk, which you can
use, but I'm not sure about their respective states. Some time ago there
was one called Phoenix, and another one called tkWWW, but I don't know if
they are still alive. Probably some new browsers have appeared in the
meantime.

--
     Joern Clausen                  email: joern@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE