Subject: Re: Which NetScape?
To: Matt Harrell <mharrell@sojourn1.sojourn.com>
From: Greg Oster <oster@cs.usask.ca>
List: port-amiga
Date: 04/04/1996 09:41:59
Matt Harrell writes:

> You're kidding.  You mean to tell me (us) that there is NO graphical web
> browser that I will be able to run on NetBSD on my Amiga?  There isn't
> one that can be compiled?

I've got Arena, Chimera, Mosaic, and TkWWW on my NetBSD-Amiga box...  Not what
I'd call a "shortage" of graphical browsers...

Have a look on ftp.uni-regensburg.de, there are a number of browsers (Mosaic
and Chimera, if I remember correctly) already compiled for you.  Chimera 1.65
compiles reasonably well (I don't recall if I needed to make any source
changes), and Arena compiles out of the box.. (it's still in beta, and
unfortunately crashes a lot :-( )  If you don't want a pre-compiled binary,
pull down the source and compile it yourself... (that's what I do..)

> That will put a serious damper on my
> intentions to install NetBSD on my system.

Have fun with NetBSD :-)

Later...

Greg Oster

oster@cs.usask.ca
Department of Computer Science
University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, CANADA