Subject: Re: Which NetScape?
To: David Gilbert <dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca>
From: Matt Harrell <mharrell@sojourn1.sojourn.com>
List: port-amiga
Date: 04/04/1996 09:27:00
On Wed, 3 Apr 1996, David Gilbert wrote:

> 	For the Amiga, you should be looking for Sun3 executables on
> the net (or even better, NetBSD Sun3, or NetBSD Amiga).  You can't run
> BSDI executables or Sun-sparc executables since they are for different
> processors --- even if someone made it so that you could run them, it
> would be gosh awful slow (Remember Pc-Task?).
>
> 	Anyways, I don't think that you'll find a version of Netscape
> that you can run on NetBSD Amiga.  However, I have heard that there is
> a Mosaic compiled for the Sun3 (Mosaic requires Motif, which is not
> available for the NetBSD Amiga system, is available for SunOS-Sun3).
> I hear that there's a binary out there somewhere.
>
> 	Eventually, there should be a 'lesstif' version of Mosaic
> working --- but don't go holding your breath.
>
> Dave.

You're kidding.  You mean to tell me (us) that there is NO graphical web
browser that I will be able to run on NetBSD on my Amiga?  There isn't
one that can be compiled?  That will put a serious damper on my
intentions to install NetBSD on my system.

 Matt Harrell			Amiga 1200 running AmigaOS3.0
 Lansing, MI U.S.A.		CSA 12 Gauge 030/882RC@50MHz/SCSI
 mharrell@sojourn.com		2MB chip/18MB fast RAM
				240MB IDE hard disk