Subject: X11R6 with CyberVision 64???
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Nickolas Ray Ellson <grimm@teleport.com>
List: port-amiga
Date: 03/27/1996 18:30:22
Hi,

I have just set up NetBSD and wanted to use X windows with it.

I have a A3000 with 12 megs fast and 2 chip, with an 040 at 25Mhz
I am booting netbsd with the Cybervision 64 kernal (fix2) from the Amiga NetBSD
webpage and I downloaded the CyberVision Xserver binary. I have also downloaded
all the X11R6 files and untar'ed them onto my system.

I know I need help at this point as I don't know what file to replace with my
Cybervision Xserver binary, and just how to start X11. I executed the server
alone and it said my grf device was not configured and it loaded a screen that
was kinds grey and plain (like an empty workbench screen) and gave me a mouse
cursur but nothing else. I had to power off to get out. So I saw how to use
grfconfig to set my grf device and got the ReadCVMonitor-1.0 program to read my
cybervision monitor preferences to a file I can feed grfconfig but it didn't
like it.

% grfconfig /dev/grf0 monitor  (the name of the file I used)
and it coughed up an error that said it was wrong

The monitor file looks like this: (I only wanted the 800 x 600 for now so I cut
the file down)

1 54000000 800 600 8 800 832 976 1072 1088 600 610 620 0 653

Anyway, I am hoping another CyberVision NetBSD user is listening and can direct
me a little.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Nick.

|                        | Degree Absolute:                                   |
|      Nick Ellson       |            A.  Find Missing Link                   |
|                        |            B.  Put It Together                     |
|   grimm@teleport.com   |            C.  Bang!                               |
|                        |                - Number Two in "Once Upon a Time"  |
|   PGP Key Available    |  Home Page        http://www.teleport.com/~grimm/  |