Subject: Kernel config problems
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jeff Thieleke <thieleke@icaen.uiowa.edu>
List: port-amiga
Date: 02/28/1996 23:26:33
I'm not certain if this is a NetBSD/amiga specific problem, but I have
been unable to config(8) any NetBSD-current kernels recently.

I am using the same configuration that I have been using for a couple of
months, but a modified GENERIC kernel has the same problem.  When config
get to the root dev/swap dev part, it fails.

Here is my drive specification part:
  config netbsd root on sd1a swap on sd0b dumps on sd1a

Which gives the errors:
  PICABO:132: netbsd: can't make root device from d1a'
  PICABO:132: netbsd: can't make swap device from d0b'
  PICABO:132: netbsd: can't make dumps device from d1e'
  PICABO has no configurations!
  *** Stop.

Does anyone know how to fix this?  The problem first appeared sometime
after Feb 22, and I think it might have something to do with a change to
files.amiga, since that is one of the files that changed around that time
I first noticed that config problem.

Jeff Thieleke