Subject: Re: Problem with gcc2.7.2
To: Kortelainen Mika <k125374@cs.tut.fi>
From: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
List: port-amiga
Date: 02/26/1996 13:50:16
On Feb 26,  8:20pm, Kortelainen Mika wrote:
> it would work nicely... but for some reason it dies when I compile
> usr.bin/xinstall/xinstall.c (I hope the path is correct, I'm not
> under NetBSD right now).  The message I get is "internal compiler error"
> and then it tells it has received signal 6 and dumps core (although
> this core file is not recognized by gdb).

  Ah, I am not alone!

> I was just hoping that someone else might have a solution for this
> problem before I start to guess where it could be (perhaps vfork
> is the cause, xinstall seems to use it).  I didn't check if other,

  I don't have a solution, but I have worked on tracking down the problem.
The error seems to be related to the statement:
                                (void)unlink(to_name);
in the copy() routine in xinstall.  If I remove that statement, it will
compile.  If I move the unlink() to after the errx(), it will also compile
(but wouldn't work correctly in that case).

  I located the call to abort() in cc1, in the routine find_reloads().
I don't know enough about the internals of gcc to go any farther though.

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:  osymh@montana.edu
Computer Consultant