Subject: Problem with gcc2.7.2
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kortelainen Mika <k125374@cs.tut.fi>
List: port-amiga
Date: 02/26/1996 20:20:43
Hey,

as gcc2.7.2 now comes as the default compiler (in -current) I thought
it would work nicely... but for some reason it dies when I compile
usr.bin/xinstall/xinstall.c (I hope the path is correct, I'm not
under NetBSD right now).  The message I get is "internal compiler error"
and then it tells it has received signal 6 and dumps core (although
this core file is not recognized by gdb).

Many other files seem to compile (at least libraries, gnu stuff, kernel).
I was just hoping that someone else might have a solution for this
problem before I start to guess where it could be (perhaps vfork
is the cause, xinstall seems to use it).  I didn't check if other,
already compiled, programs use that, thou (I was too tired but I'll
check this soon).

Oh, I have compiled the compiler several times, first with gcc2.4.5
and then again with 2.7.2 (and probably I did this 'build 2.7.2 using
2.7.2' at least twice, make cleaning all the stuff in gnu directory).

If someone happens to remember my earlier message concerning the latest
assembler in binutils, I'm _not_ using that as (nor ld) now.

Thanks for any help!

	Mika Kortelainen

P.S. now that I remember I changed the compiler's config (netbsd.h
in gnu/usr.bin/gcc/arch/m68k) to use 68040 instead of the default 68020,
but could this be the problem?  I do have 040... ;-)

P.P.S. if it matters, I suped the sources on Sunday so they are quite
fresh.