Re: compiling kernel: does 'make depend' have its dependencies right?

> > No kernel has ever started for me by copying it to /dev/reload.
>
> nor for me - it's just like /dev/null

Are you sure that your /dev/reload is a real device (i.e. that
it is supposed to do something)?  I use /dev/reload all the
time if I want to boot a new kernel (under 1.0, 1.0a and 1.1).
Sometimes it doesn't work if there are too many changes in 'bad'
places, but usually it does.

Might be worth checking if the /dev/reload is an exact copy of your
kernel or something else (I don't remember what it looks like on my machine
and cannot check it right now, but I think it should look like other
devices).

        Mika Kortelainen