Re: Hangs at end of loadbsd/beginning of kernel

On Jan 27, 10:04pm, Ron Roskens wrote:
> Thus spake VaX#n8:
> >
> > Now loadbsd is getting screwed somewhere _after_ the "-t" option would
> > normally make it exit, and after the screen clears, but before the kernel
> > prints anything.  So it's either in LoadView, startit, or within the
> > kernel.
>
> Ahh... Probably the kernel is to large to fit inside the 1M of chipram...
> I had this problem too with my 3000 and had to get a smaller kernel to boot
> my machine.

  That shouldn't be the problem - the install kernel kernel was configured
to fit in 1M of chip memory, and loadbsd now verifies that there is enough
chip memory available.

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch                        INTERNET:  osymh%montana.edu@localhost