Re: Giving a process absolute priority

> [I]t is possible for the Xvnc process to be squeezed out briefly by
> the scheduler, but not so briefly that remote clients do not notice
> and get frustrated because a button has not responded in the way they
> expect.

I don't know whether this is plausible; you don't say what your basis
is for thinking the issue is Xvnc getting scheduled out.  But it occurs
to me that, unless you have some independent reason for thinking Xvnc
is the problem, the actual problem might be nothing to do with Xvnc but
rather a brief network hiccup leading to the VNC connection locking up
until a retransmit timer fires and the underlying TCP connection picks
up again.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign