Re: still can't get X going on 9.2

OK, some real progress, thanks to your suggestion of ssh'ing from
another machine.

Running xterm this way:
/usr/X11R7/lib/libXrender.so.2: Undefined PLT symbol "_XGetRequest"
(symnum = 54)

Similarly, running ctwm:
/usr/X11R7/lib/libXext.so.7: Undefined PLT symbol "_XGetRequest"
(symnum = 98)

Yet all the library files come straight from the X sets and bear a
date of May 12 2021.

I have to say I've been plagued by this kind of error message in the
past, trying and failing to get firefox working.  But I haven't been
able to work out where _XGetRequest is meant to be defined.  But xterm
and window managers didn't seem to invoke it prior to this release.

--
Steve Blinkhorn <steve%prd.co.uk@localhost>