Re: Accidentally "upgraded" i386 to amd64

Andy Ruhl <acruhl%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

> I only have an i386 pkg_install version according to this. I have
> tried to install a new pkg_install from the amd64 packages and it
> won't install.
>
> Somehow I need to find out how to upgrade this package. Still looking.

You can "rm -rf /var/db/pkg/pkg_install*" which will remove the notion
that it is installed, and then install the right version, which will
overwrite the old one.

Or pkg_delete -f pkg_install, or maybe two -f, bringing you back to the
base system pkg_install only.