Re: compat_bsdos

Thank you both for the clarity you have brought to the situation.  The
last time I remember using the BSD/OS binaries was on NetBSD/i386 5.0,
but that machine has died.  I do, though, remember there being
specific instructions in the GENERIC config file at one time as to the
options to set for BSD/OS compatibility, so forgive me for assuming
there was a specific compat_bsdos layer.

Just to make a general observation (and this really isn't NetBSD
specific at all), those of us who have had long careers doing things
with operating systems and software systems, rather than doing things
to them, do depend on the maintenance of backward compatibility.

--
Steve Blinkhorn <steve%prd.co.uk@localhost>