Re: Cisco UCS?

5108 is only the chassis, you can't run anything on it, you'll need a
blade (and some more infrastructure, called Fabric Interconnects). The
blades come in many different configurations, so they might react
differently to NetBSD. I think I haven't tried NetBSD bare metal, but
given my experience with other servers, I expect trouble. We are
running VMware ESXi on UCS, and NetBSD runs just fine on that
platform. ESXi is available for free, if you don't need any of the
advanced features of vCenter.

Joern

--
Joern Clausen