Re: 64 bits EFI boot and multiboot protocol

Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> wrote:

> Sorry for asking dumb questions, but: does this make sense?
> How do others boot XEN on a UEFI system?

FreeBSD does not support it:
https://wiki.xen.org/wiki/FreeBSD_Dom0
"Booting from UEFI is not yet supported, only legacy BIOS boot is
supported at the moment."

Linux does support it with grub:
https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_EFI
"Xen 4.9 can be built with Multiboot2 support which GRUB2 2.02 uses."

But we do not support multiboot 2.0, just multiboot 1.0. I guess we can
implement it, but  I have not yet figured out where the relevant code is
in grub, to get an insight of how they resolved my initial question.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz